Spark communication internship/volunteer
accepting applications until Sept. 16th
Spark is looking for a marketing/communication intern/volunteer (m/v) Oct. 1st, 2018 - April 1, 2019
Spark is looking for an enthusiastic intern to help with upcoming events for the female entrepreneur community of Amsterdam and beyond. Next to Spark's annual conference in March, Spark offers masterclasses, networking events, and retreats for women in business.
Job description & activities
Spark is holding the 5th edition of their annual conference on Tuesday, March 26 2019 for an audience of 120+ female business owners. This year’s theme is Create, Elevate, Celebrate. Spark is looking for a tech savvy intern, preferably with communication/marketing background to help with the social media strategy leading up to annual conference and other events throughout the year. This role also requires community outreach and attending Spark events.
Who’s our ideal candidate?
• College or university educated (HBO/WO)
• Age range 20-26
• Available for approx 2 hrs/week Oct. 1, 2018 - Jan. 1, 2019, then for approx 3-4 hrs per week between Jan.1- April 1 2019 (6 months total).
• Genuine interest in female entrepreneurship and small businesses
• Self-reliant, hands-on, highly motivated
• Doesn’t require a lot of structure to get the job done
• Tech and social media savvy (experience with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
• Fluent in English (Dutch language skills a plus)
• Excellent communication skills
• Available Tuesday, March 26th for the entire day, 8:00am-6pm
• Legal resident of NL, lives within 25 km of Amsterdam
*both men and women welcome to apply
What do we offer?
• Unique opportunity to work with female business owners
• Great experience to put on your CV & flexible internship (work from home/ on own time)
• Chance to expand your network (could lead to future job!)
• Attend Spark conference and other events for free (masterclasses, retreats, networking events)
• Be part of a team of female business owners putting on the conference. Your headshot will be on the website.
*please note this is an unpaid internship. We see the experience itself as holding value + access to carefully curated network.
Interested? Send CV & motivation statement (via email) to email@example.com by Sept. 16th. Selected candidates will be informed by Sept. 21st and informal interviews take place week of Sept. 24-28. Interview is conducted by Spark’s founder Hannah Huber. Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31 (0)626410786 during regular daytime working hours.